DEVASTATING INJURIES TO THE BRAIN AND SPINAL CORD
Consequences Of A Spinal Cord Injury
Prompt treatment for your injuries is the best chance for recovery of function. Injuries including a broken back, spinal fracture, herniated disk, spinal cord compression, paralysis, paraplegia, quadriplegia and fractured vertebrae usually require costly surgeries, extensive therapy and numerous changes that will affect how you live and work for the rest of your life.
Consequences Of A Brain Injury
Brain injuries may have many side effects, both physical and mental. The consequences of a brain injury depend on which part of the brain was affected and to what extent.
- Physical side effects may include paralysis, decreased motor control, dizziness, vision changes, imbalance, constant fatigue, breathing difficulties, nausea, tremors and speech impediments.
- Mental side effects may include hallucinations, difficulty recognizing words, faces and objects, short-term memory loss, amnesia, behavioral changes, diminished interest in sexual activities, uncontrollable talking, decreased intelligence and mental disability.
- Brain injuries may also cause coma and death.
Specialized Legal Assistance For Accident Victims In Connecticut
At McCoy & McCoy, we believe that victims of negligence deserve to be compensated when someone else causes them harm. This is especially true if you are left with permanent injuries and disabilities.
We combine our experience with our passion, utilizing all evidence, medical experts and eye witness testimonies to ensure that you have the best chance for a maximum recovery. Our attorneys want to see you fully provided and compensated for what you have been forced through, from medical costs to future predicted lost income.
The experienced personal injury lawyers at our firm can review your case and help you make informed decisions about the best line of action moving forward. We are here to help, always and in all ways, so we encourage you to call our firm as soon as possible.
- Our principal lawyer, Frank McCoy Jr., is certified in civil trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy — a distinction that fewer than 0.5 percent of all Connecticut lawyers have earned.
- We have served victims of devastating personal injuries and their families throughout Connecticut since 1960.
- We prepare your case for victory at trial from the outset, so we can secure your full and fair compensation either through negotiated settlement or jury trial.